Gauge monster got me!

• Hi Jennifer, Kim

Well, the gauge monster turned on me last night! As I was working my beautiful Rowan shawl in the cotton and mohair/silk, I thought it was starting to look awfully big. Turns out, it really is....65 cm wide instead of 45 cm so the stitch count is way off.

I could say, well, it's a shawl so it doesn't matter but this pattern stretches too so it could end up even wider (close to 90cm now as I pull it), not to mention I could run out of yarn!

Now I have to decide...rip or continue on smaller needles changing the design from a rectangular shawl to something a bit more unique ("odder").

Suggestions<laughing>???

BTW, my order of the brushed fleecy for the CoCo Knits baby/toddler sweater just arrived. I think I'll start this immediately and let the shawl decision rest a bit.

HUgs

Brenda

• @Brenda Solanki Yes, Brenda, sometimes just better to let the project sit for a little while before making a decision. You're right - it is just a shawl (as far as size goes), but we have a local customer knitting it and she brought it to the shop. Hers looks to be about the right size, so I am guessing she has gauge. The fabric is really nice. Tough decision!

• @Kim Doherty-Smith I ripped it and am casting on again with fewer stitches. I really liked the fabric my gauge created so rather than swatch I'm just "dancing" with the yarn. It is a shawl as you say.

• I love chicken bones and I have a chicken bones mule who brings me some every Christmas. There are many who have tried to copy but only Ganong will do. Of course a Red Wrap wouldn't go amiss either. Loved this episode. I was confused about your insta posts with the lambs because I was sure you said you weren't breeding this year so glad you cleared that up. I thought I had a spell and only dreamt you weren't breeding. 🙈