Alternating skeins

• I'm making the Sunday Cardigan with A Night Without Stars in Selkirk Worsted and two strands of KidSilk Haze in Hurricane.

I alternated skeins on the body, and am doing the same on the first sleeve. It looks like I'll have enough yarn on one ball to knit the second sleeve, though.

Is it OK to knit the second sleeve with one ball, or should I wind up my last skein and alternate anyway, as I've done that for the rest of the sweater?

• @Carey Bermingham Confession time - I didn't alternate with my Sunday Cardigan. I was careful in the order that I knit the skeins to make sure that the new skein I was adding was the closest match possible to the one I was using. Then I figured that with the 2 strands of the KSH, it would even out any colour discrepencies. And it did.

In your case, if you are sure that you have enough yarn in one skein to do the sleeve, you won't see a colour discrepency since the whole sleeve is one colour. The only risk is that if you run out and have to add the second skein there may be a slight difference. Obviously, we always recommend to alternate, but if you are up for a calculated risk.... LOL

I would love to see a picture of the A Night without Stars and the Hurricane. I debated that combination for my cardigan too.

• @Kim Doherty-Smith Thanks! I have almost one full skein so I'm 99% sure it's enough for the sleeve. I'll be sure to post a photo when it's done. I'm loving the project, both knitting it and how it's turning out!