Signature Aran

• Hi, Kim and Jen,

I want to knit Gilbraith out of the newest Rowan magazine.   I am allergic to alpaca.   I was thinking of ordering a sweaters worth of your Signature Aran yarn for this project.   I need some help navigating the special color ordering.   Is Blankie is very light blue?  I rarely knit with blue but this one looks so soft and inviting. 

Sheila 

• @Sheila Sakraida Blankie is a soft true blue. If you want a comparison to our other colours - November Sky is also a light blue but on the  gray side and Take the Ferry is very similar but I will check with Jen to see what the actual difference is. They do look different but I am not sure technically how? Depth of shade or in the actual colour formula...

• @Sheila Sakraida Never mind... I see you already ordered Blankie! Good choice!

• @Kim Doherty-Smith My yarn arrived today three days sooner than the Shop app predicted.   The yarn is gorgeous!   I can't wait for my Rowan magazine to arrive so I can cast on Galbraith.

• @Sheila Sakraida Great! So happy you like it.

• @Kim Doherty-Smith The red velvet sock yarn is making my fingers itch to cast on another pair of socks.   I am thinking of knitting a Claire Ellen design inspired by The Lord of the Rings, Frodo.   It is a cabled front and lace back.   I need to finish a pair of Christmas socks first. 

• @Sheila Sakraida Yes that Velvet Bow colour just begs to be knit up into something festive!

• @Kim Doherty-Smith I bought 9 skeins of Signature yarn in Blankie for a sweater out of the current Rowan magazine.   My magazine has never arrived from England.   I have contacted Rowan who said that once it is in the post, they can't control it.   I will contact them again today.   I either want the magazine or a refund on my subscription.   

I changed my mind about the sweater that I am knitting with the Signature yarn.   I bought Blankie as my color.   I want to knit Stepaside.   Blankie would be my main color.   What contrasting yarn color would you suggest?