Earhart - Thanks for the inspiration!

• I've been watching Fleece & Harmony's podcast for awhile now and I just love it!  When I saw the episode with the Earhart shawl, I knew I wanted to knit it.  I don't have a lot of time to knit these days but I plugged away at it and just finished it yesterday!  I used Queensland United cotton/wool yarn which I got from my LYS.  I'm often watching the podcast on my computer while looking up the patterns you're profiling on my phone and adding them to my Ravelry favorites.  I really appreciate the entertainment and inspiration!

• @Kari J Wow! That looks great. What is the weight of that yarn? The shawl looks less airy than our sample and makes it look more like warmer shawl - which is great for a fall and winter project. It never fails to amaze me, when a picture of that design pops up, how fresh, bright and cheerful it is. This is a bit of summertime popsicles in a more wintery weight, ...LOVE IT!

• @Kim Doherty-Smith Thanks Kim!  It's 50 grams for a 251 yard skein.  I used a 4.0 mm needle size in order to get gauge.  I think the pattern called for 3.75 mm.  I'm a tight knitter generally so I usually have to go up a needle size.  But this yarn is still double the weight of your sample right?  

• @Kari J Yes. The Rowan Fine Lace knit with the suggested needle gives lots of space between the stitches. I makes sense since this design is featured in the Spring/Summer magazine.

• @Kim Doherty-Smith It's a good thing it took me so long to finish this then! 😁  I think the texture of this fabric feels similar to the terry cloth jump suits we wore in the 80's.  Same dusy colors too.

• I needed a simple knitting project again.   I pulled out Earhart which I started and put aside so that the crazy puppy would not destroy the yarn.   I substituted Eldon Lace for the Rowan fine lace yar.   I am so happy that I did.   I am knitting with the color Pearl and 5 random KSH skeins from my stash.  Kim, the Eldon lace yarn is so wonderful to knit!   I am happily knitting on the second repeat.   This is a stunning pattern that is not that difficult to knit at all!

• @Sheila Sakraida Great! So nice to hear that the Eldon Lace is a good substitute in the pattern. Can't wait to see your project with the alternative colours. I am sure you will post a picture...right?

• @Kim Doherty-Smith Here's an in progress shot.   I have knit the green area and am working towards the purple stripe.   

• The lighter pink/mauve color is KSH Glamour.   It has little tiny sequins on yarn.   Two of the yarns are the same base as KSH but a different company.   I love the black with the silver threads through it. 

• @Sheila Sakraida Ohhhh KSH Glamour sounds like it would have been fun!

• @Kim Doherty-Smith I am so happy knitting with the Eldon Lace.  I am fan girl gushing!   I am on the fifth color repeat.  Soon I'll be changing to the black and silver again.  

• @Kim Doherty-Smith  I pulled out my Earnhart after finishing the knitting on my daughter's Elizabeth Smith Alanis sweater.   I needed a garter stitch project.   I love to knit with your Eldon Lace!   

• @Sheila Sakraida Kim can I add a third skein of Eldon Lace in Lichen green to my most recent order?    That would be three in total.  

• @Kim Doherty-Smith thank you Kim for helping me adjust my order.    My Earhart shawl is becoming my COVID knitting.   I have COVID pneumonia.    I am recovering after 8 days in the hospital.     I can see dropped stitches which i will repair while blocking i the shawl.    its been a rocky road.    I love knitting with this KSH and your Eldon lace.    I am almost through the second round of colors.   

• @Sheila Sakraida Oh no, Sheila. Sorry to hear this news, but happy to hear you are out of the hospital. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. ❤️