Ask Jennifer Questions

• This is where you can ask "Jennifer" specific questions!

• Not an ask but a "tell"  :)   You two are wonderful and you make my day every time your video airs.  Thank you for courage and for sharing your joy!  Merry Christmas!

• @Sarah Thanks so much Sarah! Merry Christmas to you as well!

• I want to knit the flip mitts, but I don't see any information about how much yarn they take.  Can I do it with one skein of Selkirk Worsted or would I need two?  Thanks!

• @Carol Spence I see that Susan answered your question on the yarn amount.

• to the fiber festival whenever it is back.

On that note, as a possibility for a future broadcast would you consider discussing why yarn pills, how it pills, how to prevent it and how to tell if a yarn you are looking at is going to do that? also, how to remove the stupid little pills once they have appeared on your garment.  Thanks for all your hard work doing the broadcast!

• @Sharon Beaty It's Kim answering. Great question! We will add that to next weeks episode.

• Me again....we've decided on a colour, sort of.  Can you tell me which is darker...the Amethyst Brooch, or the Blueberry Preserves?  The photographs show them almost the same.  I think we'd prefer a darker, richer burgundy.

• They are both deep shades. Amethyst Brooch is really a deep purple while Blueberry Preserves is more of a burgundy with a purply cast. Other burgundy shades are Vineyard (burgundy but with a brownish hue) and Rhubarb (more of a red, and not as dark).

Hope that helps! 

Kim

• @Kim Doherty-Smith awesome!  The choice is made....we are going with Blueberry Preserves!

• Hey Jennifer,

Any update on the bikini 👙👙👙?  Summer swimming time is coming. 

Judith

• Hi Jen,

When you knitted your Ranunculus with Eldon Lace, did you hold it with mohair or Kid Silk haze or just knit with Eldon Lace? Loving using Eldon Lace for Casapinka's Raspberry Cordial Shawlette and Ranunculus is on my list. Thanks so much for your perfect customer service and speedy delivery from PEI to Virginia! Thanks!!

• @Diane Muska HI Diane  - It's Kim. Jen just used the Eldon Lace on its own. But if you wanted to add some fluff, you could hold KSH with it as well.

• Thank you, Kim. Thought that was what I remembered. Always look forward to your informative and fun podcasts!

• Hey Jennifer- any suggestions on how you added the new ball of Rowan brushed fleece while making the Darkness sweater? Spit splicing flattens the yarn and the knots are breaking.. thanks!

• Jennifer - where are you? Watched 74 & 75 and no you. Are you coming back to the video podcast? Miss your laughter. 🥰

• Jennifer - where are you? 😎

• @Christina Bushman Hi Christina - It's Kim.  Jen is still working on the other project she talked about in Ep. 73. I am not sure if she is monitoring this forum for the time being. I know she has been pretty busy the last few weeks. I will ask her to check in here though. Kim

• Where is Jen? No mention of her has been made on the last few podcasts. This is annoying. I expect her to be mentioned at any second and she isn't. This takes away from my enjoyment. Kim....you are great, but for me the charm of your podcast circles around the sisterly banter. At the very least, at the begining of each podcast, let us know the what and where about Jen. I've been a loyal viewer from the begining and wish to continue. I planned on attending your fiberfest last year. Please where is Jen?

• Hi, been wondering where Jennifer is also, what is the new venture you talked about on episode 73 called?  Harmony soap?  Am also wondering if there's a website we can go to and check out new products?  Is there going to be a podcast?  Take care, hope to hear from you soon 

• 1 / 2