Knitting a raglan sweater when row gauge is off

• Hello! I am knitting the Cromwell Pullover in Selkirk Worsted, in the Gale colourway. I had to go down two needle sizes to get stitch gauge and a fabric I like but my row gauge is quite a bit off. Basically I'm getting the required number of rows over 3.5" instead of 4".

I've started the knitting thinking I will just go by the schematic and knit to lengths rather than number of rows. But as I work my way down the raglan increases, I realize that I will run out of raglan increase rows quite a bit before I get to the length required before separating sleeves.

Does anyone have advice as to what to do? When I'm finished the raglan increases, should I just knit plain rows until I get to right depth for sleeve separation? Or will that look funny? Should I keep knitting raglan increases until I get to the right length and somehow decrease them later on?

Or should I frog it and find a new pattern?!? ☹️

Thanks!

• @Carey Bermingham Hi Carey - sorry we missed this post and I just found it as I was sifting through all the folders making sure all the comments have been answered. Since it was 21 days ago, did you take a decision? I am not the expert on raglan adjustments, but Jen is much better. If you still need advice, I will mention your post to her.

• That's ok! I ended up ripping it back and starting over with a different needle, and knit the smaller size to compensate for the gauge. Worked out fine and the sweater fits great!