Ask Kim/Jen Anything

• Just to let you know there is no 'Create a new topic' button on these parts of the forum.

Can't ask you any burning questions.

• Ha! I let Jennifer know - she is the technical expert on this.... I can hardly wait to see the question you are burning to ask! 🤔

• Hi Kim and Jen. I am enjoying your podcasts very much. I have registered for the Arne and Carlos event and received my discount code. Thank you so much! I have heard a lot about Kidsilk Haze and would like to give it a try. What are some of your favorite patterns you have used this in? Thanks. ~Joyce

• @Joyce Parsons Hi Joyce. Kidsilk Haze is great and comes in ALOT of colours. I am knitting Huxley (Rowan pattern) with Kidsilk Haze stranded with Felted Tweed. I also knit the Sunday Cardigan (Petite Knits) with Kidsilk Haze stranded with our Garfield Grizzly. A friend is knitting it stranded with Summerlite DK. I have used in in shawls (Birds of a Feather, Andrea Mowry). It's very versatile.

• @Kim Doherty-Smith Thank you, Kim, for these suggestions. Do you think it would work for the Wispy Shawl by Joji Locatelli? If so, it looks like she also used a fingering weight. What would you recommend for that?

• Just a crazy comment.   I started the Earnhart shawl just before my new puppy Curly came to live with us.   Do you think that I can find the yarn and shawl that I started?   It will surface again but I was so excited to be knitting it with you lace weight yarn!

• I can't find a way to type anything on Jennifer's Ask Me Anything link.   Any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong??

• @Sarah It's not anything you're doing wrong. There's no button there.

• @Sarah She needed to make a first post. I will do one for her. Kim

• @Joyce Parsons KSH is a beautiful yarn to combine with other yarns.   I just finished a long suffering WIP.   It was a lace project and knit with one strand of KSH.   I started this old project with no lace knitting skills.   I didn't realize how difficult I would find knitting with a single strand of KSH would be for me at the point in my knitting life.   I cut bait and made the scarf into a cowl.   I love how soft and light weight this cowl is.   I finished it yesterday and I immediatelty wore it last evening.   

• So I am moving along on my Sunday  Cardigan.  I have a couople more rows of stockingnette and then a bit of ribbing before I move on to the sleeves.  I was wondering about doing them in the round on a 9" or  12" circular.  Which would you use?  Or do you think with the size 10.5 needle and bulk of the selkirk worsted plus 2 mohair/silks that it would be too much, and I should stick to the magic loop method.?

• @paula englander Sorry didn't get back answer this one...but I know you are finshed now anyway. Did you just go with magic loop?