cocoknits accessory roll

• Hi Community; 

I bought a cocoknits accessory roll because it looked and seemed like a good idea to have sitting by me as I knit in order to have all the things ready and available to use.  Unfortunately it is stiff enought that bits and pieces fly about, the individual pouches are not easy to keep open enough to easily grab what I need.  Does anyone have ideas about how to break this in without destroying its usefullness?  I know it can be washed, but I'm afraid that it could get too limp and the pouches will no longer close up effectively so that smaller items will slip out and get lost.  I like the concept and esthetics but I don't quite have the method down.

Thanks, Hope M.

• @Hope Morrissett You absolutely can wash it and I even smooshed it around a bit while it was still damp - manipulating it like it was leather and then reshaping with your hands and letting it finish drying. It does not get too limp at all. We tested it ourselves because we were having a hard time believeing it wouldn't just fall apart.