Episode 61 - How'd We Get Here?

• Let's Discuss Episode 61!

In this episode we discuss Flatrock by Jennifer Beale, The Riva Sweater by Heidi May of the Velvet Acorn, Sorine Slippers by Kristin Drysdale of Scandiwork and the Paisley Cardigan by Sidsel Hoivik.

We show Sartre by Georgia Farrell and Achebe by Martin Storey, as well as the Solstice Mitten pattern from Saltwater Gifts .

We talk our Christmas projects and then fill in all kinds of details about why we left the corporate world!

LINKS TO OTHER FEATURED PRODUCTS FROM THIS EPISODE: Episode 61 Features all in one convenient link! https://fleeceandharmony.com/collections/episode-61 

• A comment about the workplace - I think it is the same everywhere.  I was an 8th grade English teacher for 20 years.   You just had submit to the fact that:  parents were always right, principals were always right, assitant principals were always right, people who had never taught or who hadn't been in a classroom to teach in 30 years were always right.  The teachers who were in the trenches day in and day out with the students, teachers who loved their subjects and knew the material inside out, teachers who shared with other teachers successes and failures - they were the ones who were always wrong and No Clue what they were doing.  🤨    And folks wonder why U.S. education is failing . . . . . . . .

• @Sarah Hmmmm... yes. I think what you are describing is the hallmark of an organization that stagnants and ultimately doesn't have a lot of success. Can't comment on the US education system, but inspired thinking is hard to find in any behemoth, I think....