Alternating skeins in a textured pattern

• I am about to knit the Walter sweater by Josée Paquin. It has all-over texture, mostly seed stitch (k1, p1). Is it still possible to use the slip method to alternate skeins or would I have to carry&twist my yarn up somewhere inconspicuous?

• @Gaby Jensen Hi Gaby - sorry I am late answering this question... I actually thought I answered it earlier... I have never tried helical knitting with seed stitch, so I am not sure, and now you have probably started the sweater - sorry.

I do have a couple of hints though that may help you (if you haven't already figured it all out). The key point about slipping the stitches (or stitch) before you change the yarns is really about making sure the yarns are not twisted, and, if you are doing stripes, the slip stitches eliminate the jog that is created when changing colours.

It is possible to alternate the skeins without slipping any stitches. BUT you need to be careful that you don't twist the yarns around each other. Since Walter is a solid colour, you should be good!